[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 4 08:25:39 EST 2008

Who would have ever envisioned St. Bernard Parish becoming the "new Little
Woods of raised camps" just 4 years ago? Sort of reminds me of the Swiss
Family Robinson saga where they had to live in trees to avoid wild animals
and transported themselves to house level by a series of ropes, wood deck
and pulley's.

But, don't think it will end here. If scientists are correct about climate
change, we or our ancestors will see Louisiana and above and to our east and
west inundated with rising seas to levels where we'll need to migrate as the
Cherokees had to in their "trail of tears" in the late 1830's.

--jer--