[StBernard] Several metro area schools rank near bottom for air quality

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 9 12:34:04 EST 2008

<<"I don't feel that it's anything to become overtly alarmed about, but it's
something to recognize," he said.>>

Well, we should all be alarmed. These are our school children that have been subjected to toxic air emissions for years and the H2S, SO2 and PM are causing health problems to say the very least.

Knowing our school children are being exposed to HAPS who wouldnt insist on meaningful enforcement of the existing federal air permits and at the very least insist on modern controls and neighborhood fenceline air monitors for any future expansions?

The ambient air monitors for St Bernard Parish can be viewed at the link below.
Chose the "Site Data" tab on the right
and then use the arrow to scroll to our community's sites:
"Meraux"
"Ch_H"
"Ch_Vista"
and click "Submit"

http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/tabid/2831/Default.aspx

I would love to know why we sometimes have such high H2S readings in Meraux around 5am to 7am.
SJK