[StBernard] Honor Flight PSAs

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 13 08:19:13 EST 2009

I got this from a friend of mine I went to college with. She was able to
get her father on an honor flight before his passing. They were in Ohio.

Sadly I did not see a hub in Louisiana for Honor Flights on the website:

http://honorflight.org/

JY

-

Finally! Clint Eastwood and Trace Adkins have recorded PSA's to get
the word out about Honor Flight...you can preview them here:

http://www.nationalcinemedia.com/redir/inplist_full.asp?C8IH4SQ9XXDED7XR3508

Attached is a letter telling how you can get a copy of the PSA....if
you have a "connection" at one of your local TV stations or you're willing
to "go to bat" for HF and contact a station, every $ donation helps!

If nothing else, share the link to the PSA's and spread the word!!!

Sara

-------------------------------
January 2009

Honor Flight Network
300 East Auburn Ave.
Springfield, OH 45505

Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood and country music star Trace Adkins have
given their support to The Honor Flight Network. We hope you will, too.

The Honor Flight Network is a nonprofit organization that arranges,
finances, and provides trips for America's veterans to visit their war
memorials in Washington, D.C. Top priority is given to World War II
survivors and terminally ill veterans of any conflict.

These trips are funded solely by donations, mostly from individuals. To
date, the Honor Flight Network has taken almost 20,000 WWII Veterans to
their memorial in Washington and has over 8,000 on the waiting list.
America is losing about 1,000 of the " greatest generation" every day. Time
is not on their side. We need your help.

Both Eastwood and Adkins have supported The Honor Flight Network by
volunteering their time to film public service announcements (PSA) about our
organization and its mission. The spots are running before feature films at
over 1,600 movie theaters nationwide. We hope you will partner with us by
broadcasting the 60-second announcements on your station. To preview, click
on the link below:

http://www.nationalcinemedia.com/redir/inplist_full.asp?C8IH4SQ9XXDED7XR3508

To request a copy of the PSA, please contact Judy Lemmons,
pr at honorflight.org, 801.388.6006 or Susan Barr, info at honorflight.org,
740.272.0612. Please indicate the format you desire.

The pride these humble heroes feel in seeing their memorials for the
first-time is beyond words to express. By running these spots, you will be
making more of these "last hurrah" moments possible. Thank you in advance
for your consideration.

Judy Lemmons
pr at honorflight.org
Director, Public Relations