[StBernard] Da Parish (MUST READ FUNNY)

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 19 23:17:11 EST 2009

If you are from Saint Bernard, you will get a laugh out of this.

You know that up the road and down the road arent just directions.

If someone asks you if you from da parish you know what theyare talking
about
even though there are over 50 parishes in the state.

You know who Junior is.

You know a violation isnt just a traffic thing.

You can only pronounce the letter A if you think about it first.

You know what Islenos are.

No matter where you go on earth, there is no place anything like your
hometown.

You eat seafood more than meat.

You say ersters instead of oysters.

When you go to a crawfish burl, you know what it means when they say not to
eat the dead ones.

You have been to a parade where they threw cabbages and potatos at you.

(Once I had a live Bull Frog thrown to me, thanks Joey)

You think everybody down da road is related.

You go to a party & you know everyone there.

You went to Torres Park to see the fireworks on the 4th of July, but you
still
called it pawk Shaneah .

You got drunk and danced to Harvey Jesus while you were there.

You rode all the rides at the crawfish fest.

You ate at Rocky & Carlos even after the food poisoning incident.

You skipped uptown parades for Gladiators.

You went to a bonfire in mid-July.

You use the shoulder of the road as the turn lane.

(Slidell people don't like it when we do that either!)

Someone says hows ya ma and dem and you know what they mean.

You know a St.Bernardian isnt a dog and are proud to be one!

You pronounced Paris road as parisH road.

You mow the lawn in white shrimp boots.

You still call the grey bridge the green bridge.

You used the excuse the bridge went up or you caught the train if you were
late.

Your Thanksgiving stuffing included seafood.

You knew better than to make fun of slow people, because they were related
someone you knew, but on more than one occasion you called someone a Jimmy
Kid.

You still fear rooms with the number 117. (If you went to Chalmette High).

You've been to the end of the world.

You know what its like to drive on Mardi Gras beads after a parade.

You know the rest of the country has no idea how to really decorate for
Christmas.