[StBernard] Gladys on the Ellen show

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 23 08:42:52 EST 2009

Well, I don't think the Ellen show is as bad as Jerry Springer, which is
trash. I don't watch either but have seen both while channel surfing. I'm
not fan of Ellen but I thought the clip was very, very funny. I also didn't
think the person on the phone was a man acting like a woman. It sounded
like a old woman to me. Could have been my grandma. Come on Jer, lighten up
a little. Don't judge, that's His job and Jesus drank a little wine
himself. He didn't say we couldn't drink, it's the excess that's the sin.
The Lord's prayer says "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that
trespass against us". To me that means we are asking God to forgive us
using the same standard as we forgive others. If we judge others harshly, I
believe He will judge us harshly. He knows we all are sinners and we want
his mercy, so we should be merciful when we can.

Laurie