[StBernard]       Gladys on the Ellen show

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 28 15:38:05 EST 2009

"I was taught that all sins were equal. They are disobedience to Gods'
Command. The sin is not in the deed but in the act of flouting God's will.
--mah"

Jer responds: I've been taught that all sins are not equal before God not
only in terms of degree of severity to HIM, BUT also in terms in how
mortals/God's creations all would be Hell-bound. Therefore all sins are a
violation of God's law, but God realizes that we are human, must obey mortal
laws as well and be judged on earth according to severity. (see how
religions vary around the globe and discussions are not won, but discussed)?

Religions teach us that God forgives all sins (upon repentance). It doesn't
matter if one is a killer, a homosexual, a thief or an adulterer. All are
forgiven by the Almighty. So, it is crucial that repentance is a daily (if
not hourly for some <smile>) ritual aimed at placing oneself back in God's
grace.

Yes, disobedience is breaking God's commandments (and I suppose you mean
"Flaunting God's will/or ignoring it in spite).

That is the hope that Christians have: Using the blood of Christ to cleanse
us of our infidelity to God. I'm not sure of the Muslim faith as "infidels"
(or non-believers are damned as such).

It is true that we, as mortals, firstly carried original sin from Adam and
Eve, and progressed in degree as paradise was lost: from disobedience, to
murder (Cain vs. Abel), to thievery, lust, homosexuality, etc. until the
Laws of God was outlined in the 10 Commandments (Moses).

Deeds are not only action, but in thought <inaction> (ie, lust, impurity,
and mental atrocities vs. our fellow man).

While it is true that sin, even in brevity or severity aids in distancing
ourselves from God and his Holy Spirit, God knows that a person who has
impure thoughts finds it easier to forgive oneself than a murderer who
psychologically believes all is lost for his deed. This for all intent tends
to keep this evil-doer away from grace longer or more permanent until he
finds himself absolutely repenting and though forgiven in heavenly terms, he
is sought to do punishment for his deeds in our society.

Every religion I am aware of tells us we will be graded in Heaven for our
actions/deeds we accomplished/achieved during our lifetime. The assumption
is that the more we help others, feed the poor, clothe the naked, (as Jesus
did in his short life on earth and taught to his apostles), that much more
of the Kingdom of Heaven is available to us as humans. It pleases God as
such and God touches us in our lives with the Holy Spirit to reward us.
(Probably why we feel so good when we offer ourselves up to help others).

Regarding the homosexual issue, let's quote the Bible as a source:

"Rom 2:1 ¶ Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that
judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou
that judgest doest the same things."

We are taught that if we judge the person wrongly, it is because we are
committing the same sin and thus, we are hypocrites. (if we do homosexual
acts, we are ourselves homosexuals and thus hypocrites to God's word and
thus--have "judged unjustly". If we lust for a woman and judge a person who
is committing the same infraction to God: lusting--then, THAT is judging
wrongly and create a sin that must be asked forgiveness from God.

One will remember when Jesus lost his temper at the vendors when He visited
the holy Temple in Jerusalem. Some would look at this as his mortal side
losing his cool in anger (a sin by some degree), in defense of God's Will to
keep all that is righteous and holy in God's eyes. Because Jesus was half
mortal, such acts can be seen negative and sinful. Yet, we defend the Lord
because he has such right. However, we know as his mortality that he
suffered as we might have when we get angry at a loved one yet, somehow tend
to forgive/be forgiven for such an action. This was to some a sin, of
course, and remember, Jesus at his death firstly had to go to be cleansed
before he could make his accent to Heaven. (purged of all earthly negatives
as perfect as he was, it was like washing his hands before eating. ;)

So, is it like sin. We are taught (in my religion) that we too must be
cleansed before Heaven bound. Many of us will die without being sinless. God
knows this and provides us the opportunity to make things clean and holy in
His eyes. If this were not true (by earthly beliefs, as no one's come back
to tell us exactly what it is that must be 100% accurate), no one would be
favored in God's eyes and all would perish into Hell.

So, if anyone made it this far, I've outlined my opinion about what I've
learned. Although there is no one living that can explain everything that is
needed, we use holy scriptures, Faith, good deeds blessed upon by the Holy
Spirit, and Jesus's life on earth (as Christians) to give us insight into
what is proper in society and what is evil. We never compromise--and neither
will God if we believe as he's set forth throughout man's time on earth.

--jer--