[StBernard] St. Bernard council asks Taffaro to stop comments onSDT audit

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 2 08:14:14 EST 2009

The Parish President "is" the parish's Administration. It is the Parish President who the electorate of St. Bernard Parish ultimately hold accountable for just about everything. The Parish President is well within his authority to make his own investigation - especially since it's his name that always goes on the dotted line, not council members.

That is why when creating our parish charter we structured a "strong president" and "weak council" form of government so we the people could look to one person to hold accountable.

Let's look at and acknowledge the obvious facts here: there were clear errors in the forensic audit - that much we can see. We, including the council members, need to allow the Parish President to follow this through to the end, otherwise we'll never know if St. Bernard has been ripped off.

John Scurich

P.S. For the few folks who recently emailed me....yes, that is my house in Chalmette we are rebuilding...I could be making a return soon.

-------------- Original message from "Westley Annis" <westley at da-parish.com>: --------------