[StBernard] St. Bernard council asks Taffaro to stop comments onSDT audit

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 2 18:05:48 EST 2009

This is absolutely correct.

We vote for a parish president to address issues and be proactive (at times
with use of parish attorney) when something goes amiss. The money and laws
are by council. Literally what garbage!! ;)

--jer--

The Parish President "is" the parish's Administration. It is the Parish
President who the electorate of St. Bernard Parish ultimately hold
accountable for just about everything. The Parish President is well within
his authority to make his own investigation - especially since it's his name
that always goes on the dotted line, not council members.

That is why when creating our parish charter we structured a "strong
president" and "weak council" form of government so we the people could look
to one person to hold accountable.

Let's look at and acknowledge the obvious facts here: there were clear
errors in the forensic audit - that much we can see. We, including the
council members, need to allow the Parish President to follow this through
to the end, otherwise we'll never know if St. Bernard has been ripped off.

John Scurich

P.S. For the few folks who recently emailed me....yes, that is my house in
Chalmette we are rebuilding...I could be making a return soon.