[StBernard] St. Bernard council asks Taffaro to stop comments onSDTaudit

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 4 20:19:26 EST 2009

It seems that there are quite a few residents who are having problems
trying to rebuild, with all the new rules and regulations which seem to have
gone to the extremes. It's like dealing with the red tape with FEMA and
Road Home all over again. I read on NOLA what some of the residents are
going through having their final inspections denied due to small frivolous
things such as not having an address on the house, or attic stairs not being
cut properly and being told that something or other looks tacky by the
inspector.

I understand the need for houses to be completed and not just left as is,
but it has gone way overboard. Most of the people are former residents who
want to return home, but it seems next to impossible. I know that our
parish president used to post on this board frequently, and still rarely
does when there is an issue that he chooses to address. That means Mr.
Taffaro is more than likely reading the posts on here. PLEASE comment on
why the parish is making it SO difficult for those trying to get their house
in order. And I know, we can call and make an appointment if we have
questions - but I've been there and done that. Never did get a call back
after being told the president was in a meeting after making a trip to the
government building.

EH