[StBernard] response to gb about the Couple shot at in Chalmette Home Depot parking lot

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 6 08:07:41 EST 2009

Laurie,
That's why I said I.C.E. should come into the parish and do some spot
checking. It sounds
like Home Depot, in the a.m., would be a good place to start.

Perhaps if the words gets out in the immigrant community that the federales
are coming into the area, it might get the illegals or the criminal types
moving on.

JY

So much of the problems in St. Bernard are either drug related or
immigrant
related. I am not a racist person but this immigration, mostly
illegal is
really hurting us. The Home Depot incident shows this. I have a
friend
that is Mexican, Marco, and he has done a lot of work for me. He is
legal.
He told me in his broken
english that he doesn't believe in illegal
immigration because many of the men coming here are murderers and
other
criminals running away from the law in their own country. I have
found this
to be true. It is also true of migrant workers that have come here
from
other cities in our country. They are nomads that have nothing else
and no
roots so they just drift where they think there is some easy work
and they
can blend in. I'm not saying this is true of all the people that
have come
to help us. Most are good hearted and want to help us, but there is
an
element of criminals in some of these drifters and it is a situation
that we
are not used to. I think that time will weed them out but in the
mean time
we must be vigilant.

Laurie