[StBernard] St. Bernard Grand Opening of Government Complex and Council on Aging

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 8 12:10:46 EST 2009

Gayle that is interesting and wish it could get out to the media.

That would then free up the parking lot for Wal-Mart and they would not have
that excuse for not reopening the Chalmette store. I don't know what other
delays are going on with Wal-Mart (see previous post by jd and land in
N.O.East purchased by W.M.) but this would be one excuse removed.

JY

I was at that meeting and the site offered is the same location that
the
sheriff used for the trailers that housed his various offices as
well as
some employees. It is a large paved area that already has all
utilities on
site along with phone lines, computer access,... and I would think
almost
anything
else needed (parking). I think Jacques Leblanc said around a
million dollars was spent preparing the site for the sheriff. I
told my
husband that I would get that offer in writing as soon as possible
if I were
on the council. He laughed and agreed. Don't know how the size of
the
different trailers will match up and I'm sure some money will have
to be
spent for exact hookups but this offer should be carefully
considered.
Gayle Buckley