[StBernard] closing our one church?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 11 15:59:20 EST 2009

"Does this mean what I think it means? They are closing our church? I'm so
upset I can't think." --Anonymous writer.

Jer Responds:

Whew!! No. I've discussed this with the Editor of "The New Orleans Levee", a
satirical publication online about the matter. He expressed to me the
purpose of the publication is "satire" or making fun of issues in the press,
etc.

I would imagine that satire can be taken as fact if not explicitly expressed
or provided at some point in the article and that people do take it to heart
in St. Bernard if there's on Catholic Church in which da Parish's Catholic
population can worship. The satire must be wrapped around the idea that so
many are decommissioned from service by the Archbishop Alfred Huges, so The
New Orleans Levee wished to enlighten folks with what they feel is either
the possibility or that some would find it hilarious, chuckling all the way
to another parish to worship and laugh out loud.

I told him that many would take it to heart (and even help with the decision
that many would find easy to migrate away from da Parish if they believe
their only Catholic Church is to become defunct and history.

After discussing this with him, I told the Editor, "Rudy" that it's a little
more than satire and unless it's nipped in the bud in St. Bernard parish
that he might have his phone bz for a while. He told me that I was the 1st
to call, but I told him (at least on Wesley's listserv that I'll help
provide the truth (at least it is at this time).

Let's hope it never gets to that point for the sake of the hopeful and
downtrodden.

--jer--

Corrected Link
http://www.nolevee.com/?article=st_bernard_is_next_parish_br_to_be_closed_by