[StBernard] Parish Threatens To Tear Down Renovated Home

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 12 09:44:54 EST 2009

A Government Big Enough to Give You Everything You Want is Powerful Enough to Take Everything You Have — Thomas Jefferson”

many who may make favorable comments about illegal demolitions may also be those who see nothing wrong with banning single-family dwelling rentals only in the Murphy buyup area, or denial of building permits only in the Village Square area --- coupled with the giving of development rights only to one special out of town developer or corporation

some may praise the demolitions without realizing the condemnation and appeals process is lacking at best in the notifications, if not more private property rights issues. while the local blight laws must be enforced and there are always some who will misuse the appeals process with no intention of securing the house or maintaining the yard, there are numerous others who are working on the homes only to find what they have rebuilt has been taken.

on another property right issue, there are families in homes and neighborhoods long-since revitalized, and unknown to them, they have been designated to be bought out for another's profit. the government should never push the property nor home owner towards buyups and the taking of private property, be it through denial of residential redevelopment rights, denial of participation in the LLT Lot Next Door Program, rental PUPs or even a moratorium on building permits to support the giving of commercial or20industrial redevelopment to another, well ...it is unconscionable in my limited understanding

the end doesnot justify the means

SJK