[StBernard] DEMO's

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 14 09:49:29 EST 2009

"Jer you are one of the most INTELLIGENT people I have read on this forum
since it was created!!!! My sister is being thrust into this demolition,
she was never notified, nor contacted about her home beings
demolished.--Bianca"

Jer Responds:

Please, Bianca <g>. Actually, all I ask is that people use good ol' common
sense: a quality that appears to be absent these days and replaced with
greed and mismanagement.

What I do believe is that a great portion of people who either have been
forced to do what governments demand upon you (remember what most say: "What
Government can do for you--they can also take away from you!"

Yes, we have to depend upon some government relief as it relates to
disasters because governments have more money than just about any entity.
(even insurance companies). However, when they turn on you, ignore you,
place life-changing decisions upon you, force you from your domicile, create
separation between how you feel about your local or federal government, and
more.

As a taxpayer, you and many others pay their salary and most importantly, if
you're not happy with your government, you can be a voice with your vote
with changing the "players in governments". They know that and during the
election, they pretend to be so cordial, make friends with handshakes at
this time, and make promises. That's how JR got removed and Craig got the
nod. If everyone enjoys what the present administration/council is doing in
the parish, vote them back in. If anyone feels cursed, under appreciative
for "paying the government's salary" with contempt or grave disagreement,
then the decision would be easy.

There are a couple years to gain the populace' fondness.

Hopefully, all is well by that time between the majority and leaders. If
not, ...

I've heard countless stories myself, disappointingly. Wouldn't it have been
nice if Katrina had never happened to us? But, as reality sets in, we find
many have fallen through the cracks. I pray a lot, and I pray that those who
are forcing a wedge between the underprivileged and the bountiful.

--jer--