[StBernard] Recall

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 19 14:04:59 EST 2009

OK folks, how we forget. It wasn't that long ago that everyone was
complaining that our parish administration, council, and of course the clerk
of court office lacked computer literacy.

If our parish had state of the art information systems personnel with up to
date equipment available to them, including the funding for these items to
make them available, the parish permit records issued could have possibly
been mechanically scrubbed against the "to be demo" list.

We need to walk before we can run. It's evident that the parish is moving in
the direction of advancing the use of information technical systems within
the administration.
Our web site has been refurbished with access to many records that were not
visible on the Internet. We can pay our water bill on line and much more.
The Tourism group has their own website to showcase our parish to aid in
bringing revenue for our local functions.

Our Parish President and the council members cannot possibly take on all of
the detailed work themselves. The work must be delegated to subordinates and
the worker bees. The parish is also facing the crunch of doing more with
less just as every other corporation is now being challenged with.

It's not easy to direct personnel to double up on work responsibilities.
There's always some fallout that needs to be addressed which usually is
noticed when the ___ hits the fan per say. I've been there as a retired
manager for Lockheed Martin, being told keep up everything you're already
doing, add these new requirements and do it with less people.

I agree with John S. give them a chance.

Jill Dolese