[StBernard] Skip the HBO liberal propaganda Documentary

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 20 08:06:10 EST 2009

I just finished watching an absolutely terrible documentary made for HBO.
It's titled "Right America: Feeling Wronged: Some Voices from the Campaign."
It is an account of conservatism in America during the 2008 Presidential
election, where the film maker follows the McCain-Palin campaign to get a
glimpse of their supporters and conservative America.

The documentary is terrible on several counts. First, it's low quality...it
appears amaturish. I recall thinking after the first five minutes it looked
as if it's a beginner documentarian film. Lousy editing, camera
angles...pure beginner. Next, it was overly obvious they were be selective
in who they chose to interviews - clearly the NASCAR "Bubba" crowd. Even
when in non-NASCAR states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, the film maker seemed
to highlight on the eccentric and not the mainstream conservatives. I could
go on and point out more examples of shotty documentary work here, but I
just couldn't make sense of why HBO would put a piece of crap like this on
their precious airwaves. But, it all seem to make sense when the end
credits started rolling.

Guess who wrote, directed, filmed and produced this documentary? Alexandra
Pelosi. Pelosi did I say? Hmm, that name sounds familiar. Now where do I
know that name from...I could swear I've heard it before. Why, could it be
this is the daughter of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi? Ahh, y-e-a-h!

Now it all started to make sense. The deliberate look of the documentary to
make conservatives appear to be a bunch of gun toting, religion clinging,
dumb hicks. It seemed Ms. Pelosi conveniently left out the part about these
gun toting, religion clinging hicks are the ones who actually go to work and
pay taxes to afford all the ridiculous, dumb ass spending packages her
mother, "Dingy" Harry Reid and President Odumba are pushing. The entire
documentary amounts to nothing more than a bunch of liberal-leftist
propaganda.

I've been thinking about dumping my subscription to HBO. It's bad enough I
constantly have to be vigilent with the remote to make sure I don't flip to
an HBO channel with Bill Mahr, now I have to avoid this as well. I think
this does it for me...plus I'll save $14 a month.

Let me save you some precious time in your life - don't waste any of it
watching this crap. And spread the word to everyone you know they should
skip it.

- John Scurich