[StBernard] TAFFARO recall attempt - my opinion

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 23 09:53:58 EST 2009

David
Sincere best wishes to you and your wife.

driving from Genie to Blanchard, you drove through America's worse
residential crude oil spill -- the area of our parish which is revitalizing
not only from one of mother nature's hardest hits, the man-made levee and
MRGO hit, but also from the negligence of the refinery's tank farm
..
that area is most likely the area with the largest amount of sales to road
home, hence the demo's and the slabs
..
I agree that holding on isnt without a cost; there are restored homes and
revitalized neighborhoods in that area that are still facing pressure not
only from the refinery buyup for expansion but also from other issues
..
"Rediscover District C" {RDC} is a residents advocacy and rebuild
association to support all who wish to return, rebuild and remain
..
The Next General Meeting is March 12th at 7pm in the Chalmette High School
Cafeteria
..
We will be discussing the Adopt a Tree beautification project, the Saturday
March 14th Planting Day and the possibility of hosting our next SLAB Fest
around the St Mark's Area; using the St Mark's campus in the future as a
community center---maybe even revitalizing the St Mark's Marksmen and other
community associations
..
SLAB Fest stands for Support Landscaping and Beautification
..
All residents and interested parties are invited to participate.
For more information email
HJLuna at yahoo.com
englertj at cox.net
adoptatree at rediscoverdistrictc.com