[StBernard] Letter to Editor: Request for Basic Fence Repairs and Screening

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 7 11:35:47 EST 2009

Westley- please list this Letter to the Editor. These residents have
requested basic fence repairs and screening numerous times through SBPG
administration, compliance officers, office of community development and
their council member. Requests for this simple solution have also been made
to the Murphy Oil Corporation. ---- SJK

________________________________

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/letterstoeditor/index.ssf?/base/news-13/1236406
898277260.xml&coll=1
<http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/letterstoeditor/index.ssf?/base/news-13/123640
6898277260.xml&coll=1>

The Times-Picayune

Neighbors want refinery buffer

Saturday, March 07, 2009
Our neighborhood is nestled between St. Bernard Parish's only high school
and Murphy Oil's Meraux refinery.
The only thing separating our homes from the refinery is a mere pipeline
easement. Murphy Oil Corp. continues its use of this pipeline easement as a
makeshift parking lot.
The neighbors requested that Murphy Oil be a good neighbor and perform basic
fence repairs and a few improvements, such as installing fence fabric or
mesh.
We believe this is a win-win opportunity because it will address a
longstanding problem, it may bring the refinery into local code compliance,
and it may even mitigate some of the corporation's safety and liability
issues.
Murphy Oil Corp. has not answered our request. An inexpensive, simple
solution is readily available, and our children's and grandchildren's safety
is too important to be ignored.
Janice Pourciau
Debbie Ruiz
Chalmette