[StBernard] Automatic Pay Raise For Congress?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 9 09:44:15 EDT 2009

If you are as strongly opposed as I am to Washington politicians receiving AUTOMATIC pay raises, join my campaign today <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=fqLTI1NvHaIMK6J&s=esJNL0OIKeKQJ5MNLtE&m=fiIQJ2MFIlJ5H&af=y> .

Only in Washington do events like last week occur. Late Thursday night, I was able to block President Obama and Harry Reid from moving forward on another $410 Billion massive spending bill.

As if the enormous amounts of government spending wasn’t enough, the liberal Washington leadership was trying to block out my amendment to ensure raises for Members of Congress are not automatic. I objected until I was assured a vote. Louisianans don’t receive automatic pay raises every year, and neither should Washington.

This Tuesday, the U.S. Senate will vote on my legislation to take automatic pay raises for Congressmen and Senators, which was almost $5,000 this year, off auto pilot. To join our grassroots effort to block automatic pay raises for Congress, please join our campaign team right now <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=ijIZIaPHJdKTIgI&s=esJNL0OIKeKQJ5MNLtE&m=fiIQJ2MFIlJ5H&af=y> .

Delaying President Obama's $410 Billion spending bill and making members vote on their pay raise hasn't made me any friends among the Washington insiders. They'll be coming after me next election. Help me fight back by making a secure online donation of $10 or more today <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hiJXK7ODIcLUJgJ&s=esJNL0OIKeKQJ5MNLtE&m=fiIQJ2MFIlJ5H&af=y> .

Thanks for your support. I will keep fighting Tuesday to block automatic pay raises and continue the ongoing battle against wasteful Washington spending.

Thanks,

Senator David Vitter