[StBernard] Parade float no. 14

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 10 08:38:28 EDT 2009

There were a lot of postings on nola.com about float no. 14 and the
misbehavior of its young, drunk, male riders. Someone on nola.com reported
that the float had to be pulled out of the parade. I just wanted to say that
I and others near Campagna were hit intentionally by the rider on the
neutral ground side, about the third or fourth person from the front who
thought it was funny to throw carrots as hard as footballs. This was the Who
Dat float. They hummed these carrots so hard that some elderly folks could
have been seriously hurt and young children, too. This genius threw a full
beer can at his "friend", hit that guy in the head so hard it blew the tab
off the can but he, too, was so drunk he just laughed off the pain, if he
felt anyone. However, the elderly man near him could have been sent to
hospital had it hit his head instead. There were no deputies around this
spot when it happened,but they can't be everywhere. I just hope that some
innocent person didn't have to be injured to get those irresponsible guys
off the float eventually. I suggest that the parade organizers have some
spotters like some Mardi Gras krewes do. The spotters call into the parade
official the float and position and see to it that they are removed and
banned. This is the kind of thing that makes insurance for organizations
putting on parades become unaffordable. Hope he had a really bad hangover
today.

Anonymous