[StBernard] ST. MARK CATHOLIC CHURCH

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 10 22:34:08 EDT 2009

Yeah. It's never a good thing for any Catholic (or Christian) church to become defunct.

As it currently stands, less priests are becoming available in many areas (for all of a dozen reasons that I'm aware) and "subs" with little experience in theology but to read from the Manual during specific moments of the Mass or to administer the "blessed sacrament" at communion.

Nationwide/worldwide, the Church is diminishing as too many people forget about God, are taught less about him, or are picking up on new-age and Eastern/scientology mentality.

To that end, the bible mentions the few and the majority. By that time, so many "intellectuals" who believe in their own spirit will be so surprised. Science has it all figured out. Stem Cell research and implementation is going to open up more ethical and "Frankenstein/cloning" issues that we'll be able to send our clones to school, work and tasks for us when we feel like watching TV or seek recreation.

--pitiful.

-jer--

I hate to say this, but there are those in power who would say this is a good thing. It wasn't
fixed, there wasn't a timeframe for repairs so bulldozing it was a good thing.

Even though your church was destroyed I hope it makes you feel better that this was progress.

LJ