[StBernard] Testimony begins in lawsuit challenging St. Bernard Parish multi-family housing moratorium

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 12 08:30:44 EDT 2009

"...my limited understanding is that the developer sued and the Fair Housing
Group joined. maybe if the land owners did not sell to the developer......"
SJK

Jer Responds:

I agree, SJK. How is one to understand wrongdoing to our neighbors and
friends unless there is any form of resistance to what's happening with
forced housing? Many of the older subscribers here can remember the
"beautiful" 4-plexes where my brother, and friends were housed in apartments
years back. They were gorgeous, brick housing we all needed as young married
couples or singles looking to get started away from mom and pop.

It was "Village Square Apartments".

When government got involved to "equalize" housing, they forgot to include
the future slums and its slumlords by not building them in their areas of
town, gate-housed communities and social statured upper level, rich
neighborhoods. So the next place was to eloquently (and conveniently) place
them in middle class neighborhoods in their attempt to implement the mixing
of cultures. In this manner, races without any full-bred French Family,
Italian, or other culture could assimilate to where no culture owned a
monopoly to a single race or creed. It was cleverly designed because if the
breeding was mixed, no one could admit to any purity of culture. All-mixed
cultures through assimilation would eliminate any sense of racial
superiority. This plan however is not new but could be in the works since
the end of the American Civil War where New Orleans, for example and the
South would be faced with "set-in-place" officials and leaders--mainly
minority to punish the South for its choice of succession to maintain the
South's set-system of using slave labor in plantations and servitude.

Bringing us up to date, we can see the similar set of government rules (now
enhanced by O-B-1's determination to punish the south over choosing his
adversary over him), down at the residential neighborhood level.

The government of St. Bernard knows how Village Sq. became da parish's major
eyesore through historic dealings with slumlords, trash inhabitants and slum
environments. They know history will repeat itself as it always has.

Like post-civil war, the government vis' a vis' laws to force integrated
housing (aka Fair Housing Act in middle class neighborhoods) wish to break
down the barriers (resistance to slum-building) by bringing in "barrios",
low-income housing, and free-bee $100 or less housing in every community.
This punitive action is aimed at extending New Orleans out to da parish.

"Multi-family-planned developments"? When kids grow up by 10 to be youth
criminals, or when drugs escalate into the new slum, when the weapons kill
in that area, or is aimed at our law-enforcement just doing their duty to
serve and protect,

--we'll take a look back and remember what has passed. For as the truth is
realized at some point, so shall we know.

--jer--