[StBernard] Investigating AIG Bonuses

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 18 21:06:40 EDT 2009

Dear Friend,

Today, I joined with other senators in an attempt to bring some transparency
and accountability to the bailout of AIG.

We've asked Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd and the Ranking
Republican Richard Shelby to subpoena the AIG contracts, any documents that
would provide insight into what the federal government knew about the
contracts before the bailouts started, and how a provision was inserted into
the stimulus bill to allow these bonuses to be paid. These documents could
provide the first ray of sunlight onto a process that has been mismanaged
from its conception.

Rest assured, I will continue to fight to protect the American taxpayer and
the public's right to understand how these bonuses came to be - especially
since it's their tax dollars that paid for it.

Sincerely,
David Vitter
U.S. Senator