[StBernard] Word from Washington: Rep. Melancon Votes to RecoverTaxpayer Dollars Used for Corporate Bonuses

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 19 21:47:04 EDT 2009

John,

I have to say, I wasn't sure if the Equal Protection Clause was a state or
federal law, but I was thinking the same thing. The biggest question for me
now is, would this go into civil courts or tax court?

Regardless, targeting the recipients is aiming for the wrong guy. They
struck the best deal they could, assuming there was even much negotiation
over these contracts. Who, at AIG, authorized these contracts?

Hell, I just did a measly $1500 job that had to get three people to sign off
on it to be approved. How many people had to sign off to approve the $165
million?

Again, I don't blame the recipients, they only did what you or I would do.
You have to blame the people at AIG who signed off on it.

Westley