[StBernard] houses not demolished

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 29 20:47:44 EDT 2009

to JER:

I quote you: "Thankfully I got my funding, so the demo situation doesn't
affect me."

You forgot to add: "and I don't live in St.Bernard anyway, so I don't have
to look at the properties around me that are in disrepair, wondering if, or
when, they will ever be repaired and our lives will once again be somewhat
normal."

I ask "What about my neighbors and I who paid year-after-year for flood
insurance and who had to live and look at homes that weren't even gutted for
over two years, yet know we are expected to assume that these property
owners will ultimately repair their homes."

I've invested my insurance, my savings, my health, and my time in returning
to St. Bernard. You have invested countless tid-bits of your opinions,
lambasting those that fair to share your opinion. I rarely respond to your
endless tirades anymore, because I have better things to do with my

John R/