[StBernard] Bringing New Jobs to Louisiana

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 22 00:18:12 EDT 2009

Having trouble reading this email? Click here to view it on your browser.
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ViewInBrowser.aspx?pubids=mw0YmqdejrbIzyd156W
XLqVYQNmF3BFNvbzmQvH2FK4%3d&digest=HJaBFPXeH2n%2fDJX0DVuR2Q>

Governor Bobby
Jindal<http://bobbyjindal.com/images/stories/jindal/emails/jindal_header.gif

April 21, 2009

Bringing New Jobs to Louisiana

I visited Monroe last week to announce that Gardener Denver Thomas is
consolidating their manufacturing operations into Monroe, bringing nearly
230 new jobs to Mon roe by 2011. Gardener Denver recently said that they
would either be moving their Monroe operations to Sheboygan, Wisconsin or
their Sheboygan operations to Monroe. As the Monroe News-Star
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=Gqc9GaAuruzVuPlWR7n14aX
FP6XPyqBSRwpZVMC8VM0%3d&digest=oijPYEX%2fXNHpAkXpvLa2FQ> reported, this
investment will "stimulate the northeastern Louisiana economy for years to
come."

We continue to outperform the national economy, and economic development
victories such as this prove that Louisiana can compete for projects with
any other state in the country. As the News-Star
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=kzr21JdWVMNGUxcsCpRo5kK
KBKNsjKGCpjDVOIQb6Co%3d&digest=XWXvitvvkuM4iqKqY1w1lQ> also wrote, "we are
ready for business."
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=zl0xBLOkSC0qXsD695dXlsH
Fc2wSf9Txs4Orhs5eKqo%3d&digest=hCmnFqkpQyPfpw0mTPBOUQ>
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=32B2gFIDriGEhZZlm95Em2K
IkYO7gIY2%2fKE%2fPwLFmb4%3d&digest=c0kwMd40Fh2WD1mwXNJ%2bCg> Read More >
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=g8hRKuZoELxFIkjbaM2ci8W
JSI1WgLQsLAsWC1Ch1RE%3d&digest=t7UdJJgovvqlGy2W9BWAIA>

Investing in our Infrastructure

As the state faces a deficit in the coming year, we have taken strong
initiatives to reform our budgetary process and make state government a
leaner, more efficient enterprise. These efforts are gaining support across
the state. The Alexandria Town Talk
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=YaGgfIHnT7fpQKMqpgdBbw6
2msyAKl6AKXHEhVPLPnI%3d&digest=do7dXSJt3R%2bDsnVfmqeJ2A> wrote that they
"fully support [our] initiatives," and the Shreveport Times
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=JopNx%2f1WOZ6cLzxWE5kjl
c%2f4k%2bNowCf%2bgaomScepAJo%3d&digest=Qi%2bErcuuAxmzQB6%2bnpDZKw> says
that "these reforms are crucial." The Thibodaux Daily Comet
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=sGtQqOUleiHkiIFQKosj7BM
XoyFSpDRk7lL5Fs1eQBA%3d&digest=MkqeOTSJKNsLVJT82idKYA> wrote that "we think
Jindal has hit on a.compromise that accomplishes the state's highest
priority," allowing budget cuts to be shared across the board instead of
disproportionately affecting higher educa tion and health care.

Even as we tighten the belt of state government however, there are still
opportunities to invest in critical infrastructure projects across the
state. Last week in Baton Rouge we announced a plan to invest $245.85
million in surplus dollars in our state's highways and bridges. The surplus
dollars, leftover from the FY07-08 surplus, will play a large role in
modernizing Louisiana's transportation systems and making our roads safer
for Louisianians and those traveling through our state alike. And these are
in addition to our efforts to crack down on drunk driving, which the Monroe
News-Star
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=XB0ZR%2fPSz7PdGLwZcD4C7
Q9yiBiuA39tvBS7ryRH2yQ%3d&digest=VYQDFzpGwFCX7U7lWIQQFA> says will "put
more teeth in the law, giving law enforcement a better chance at making the
roadways safe."

I also traveled to Cameron

<http://images.publicaster.com/ImageLibrary/account848/images/09-04-21bjbush
.jpg>
Parish to meet with President George H.W. Bush and former Secretary of State
James Baker, as well as local officials, as part of the Bush-Clinton Coastal
Recovery Fund's efforts to aid Southwest Louisiana following the 2008
hurricane season. It was an honor to welcome President Bush and Secretary
Baker to Louisiana, and it is a great sign that others continue to take
notice of the needs of our coast.
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=eNUb4CqRLRPBs2XbcCTon7D
ep2qZDBpowGrooFzakrU%3d&digest=nyvvfK9xkzeI%2bDyoTlTsew>
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=1a79%2fRkUZUWjF5uxdvgBy
i2ZTFG4DQrL%2b%2fiwOF1lp6Q%3d&digest=O6ZZ9TJ7GrJ1uMee%2bB55Tg>
Read More >
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=QFBqO596BMViqpLWFVbm9IY
fU5In0XxbcuT1FKH6Py0%3d&digest=38WnsIwVEs5MEM3LYmD5mw>

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal