[StBernard] Spotted: Rickey Noto

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 11 18:56:27 EDT 2009

Spotted: Rickey Noto
By Erin Parker . May 11, 2009

We spotted Rickey Noto, the audiovisual technical at the Lake Terrace
Convention Center, at work.

How did you get into audiovisual? I started theater when I was in
sixth-grade. I acted, built scenery and all that stuff. When I got to
college, I realized I didn't like being on stage. I liked being behind the
scenes. I graduated with a degree in theater. I freelanced for a while, then
made it back here.

What is your favorite thing about your job? There's a couple things. My
favorite, favorite thing is when no one else in is in the building, and I'm
setting lights up by myself because it really lets me create. I have free
reign. I also maintain the computer system, and it's nice to hear people
say, "Thank you." I've made so many friends from this job.

What do you like to do when you aren't working? When I'm not working, I
draw, paint, play with my cat a lot, hang out with my friends. I'm a big
movie buff. I really enjoy going to shows, too, and I love road trips,
though I don't ever get the time to take them.

Where do you want to go for your next road trip? I'd love to go to
California. I've never been. I'm all about the beach.

Where are you originally from? How did you end up in Hattiesburg? I'm
originally from Chalmette, La. I transferred here for school. There were so
many opportunities at Southern.

What do you like about Hattiesburg? It's a small town. It kind of reminds me
of Chalmette. The people are friendly - even friendlier than my hometown,
which is rare. It's home now. I've been here for so long.