[StBernard] White House Correspondents' Association Dinner = B-O-R-I-N-G!!!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 12 08:26:06 EDT 2009

Once and for all it has been scientifically established - liberals are
biggest and most boring entity in the cosmos. Proof of this was the past
weekend's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in D.C.

I'm hoping someone else watched this to verify what I'm saying. I've
watched this event over the past several years and there were always some
good zingers, particularly at the expense of the president. But did anyone
notice something that was missing from all the jokes? No jokes about Obama.

In fact, when Wanda Sykes and some others sounded as if they might be coming
close to poking fun at Obama, they suddenly got very nervous when the
audience wasn't going along and quickly changed directions. You know, it
was that kind of nervousness you notice in a kid that starts twitching when
they have to go pee really bad. It was overly obvious they were terrified
to even reference Obama with anything that could be interpreted not being
funny.

Is that the kind of White House we can expect over the next 3+ years? Obama
himself was not that funny - not having nearly the good material he had at
the Alfred E. Smith dinner in NYC during the campaign - but even then McCain
stole the show - even the liberal media admitted that!

Let's face it....liberals are 100% certifiable sticks in the mud. It should
come as no surprise. After all, how can people who are preoccupied being
angry and blaming everyone else for their problems ever take a break to see
if they can actually be funny at something. In other words, they who take
themselves far too seriously can have no sense of humor about themselves.
Didn't Confucious say that?

But it's strange how easy it is for liberals to poke fun at others -
especially Republicans like former President Bush and VP Dick Cheney. And
to play it safe, sure enough - Sykes and others poked fun at W and Cheney
when they dying before the crowd. But you could tell even among the
liberals present the laugh they got wasn't all that much...as if to say,
"sure, they're (Bush and Cheney) only out of office a few months so we can
still slam em, but is that going to hold up at each of these dinners over
the next 3 years?"

Which raises the question...who are they going to knock at next year's
dinner? Bush will be old news by then, so he's out. The Dems will still be
controlling Congress, so the Republicans are out. I already turned off
early this year's dinner while yawning...guess I'll catch up on some sleep
at next year's dinner for sure.

Clearly, the combination of No Sense of Humor (i.e. liberals) + No
Creativity = a gigantic boring dinner for 2010.

- John