[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 13 15:43:51 EDT 2009

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

CHAT Road Home Action Item

A complaint about the Road Home Program was accepted for investigation by
the Office of the HUD Inspector General. The 39-page complaint was co-signed
by leaders of the all-volunteer Citizens' Road Home Action Team (CHAT),
Loyola Law Clinic in New Orleans, and Terrebonne Readiness and Assistance
Coalition in Houma. The complaint is about serious problems in the Road Home
Program which resulted in many applicants not getting fair grants for
rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina or Rita seriously damaged or destroyed
their homes.

Melanie Ehrlich, founder of CHAT, has been asked to testify in DC about the
Road Home on May 20. CHAT is urging residents to send an email BEFORE MAY 20
to make sure that a fair investigation of the Louisiana Road Home Program
begins promptly. You can send an email to chatlra at yahoo.com and CHAT will
fax these emails to Sens. Vitter and Lieberman and Rep. Olver and hand
deliver them to a HUD representative and Sen. Landrieu on May 20.

Click here for more information about this action item.
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3369>

Healthcare Information

Our Hospitals and Clinics section includes information on open hospitals and
clinics, mobile healthcare clinics, prescription assistance, prenatal care,
dental clinics, and more. Find this information in our Hospitals and Clinics
section <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/hospitals> . Further information
is available in our Mental Health section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/mental> and Seniors section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/seniors> .

Youth Summer Programs

Our Childcare/Youth Activities section includes information on local summer
programs. This section will be updated as more programs become available.
Click here <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/childcare> for more
information.

Upcoming Events

May 13: LSBDC Seminar - QuickBooks for Beginners
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3740>

May 13: Citizen's Road Home Action Team Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>

May 14: Weatherization Workshop: Keeping energy costs down
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3907>

May 14: Hurricane Protection Meeting: New Orleans East
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3949>

May 16: "Where's Your Neighbor" Resource Fair
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3947>

May 17: Green Crawl - Tour of Green Resources
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3945>

May 20: Hurricane Protection Meeting: New Orleans Lakefront
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3950>

May 20: Grant Writing Workshop <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3953>

May 28: Money-back Improvements: Tax Credits and Rebates for Energy
Efficiency and Solar <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3946>

May 28: Hurricane Protection Meeting: New Orleans West Bank
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3951>

May 28: Public Forum: LSU/VA Hospital Proposals
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3952>