[StBernard] Squeezing the Lemon

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 14 07:51:28 EDT 2009

Squeezing the Lemon

A local bar was confident its bartender was the strongest man around so they
offered a standing $1,000 bet. The barkeep would squeeze a lemon until all
the juice ran into a glass, then hand the lemon to a patron.

Anyone who could squeeze one more drop of juice out would win the money.
Many people (weight-lifters, longshoremen, etc.) had tried over time, but
nobody could do it.

One day, a scrawny little man came in, wearing thick glasses and a polyester
suit, and said in a tiny, squeaky voice, "I'd like to try the bet." After
the laughter had died down, the bartender said okay, grabbed a lemon, and
squeezed away. He then handed the wrinkled remains of the rind to the little
man.

But the crowd's laughter turned to total silence as the man clenched his
fist around the lemon and six drops fell into the glass.

As the crowd cheered, the bartender paid the $1,000 and asked the little
man, "What do you do for a living? Are you a lumberjack, a weight-lifter, or
what?"

The man replied, "I work for the Internal Revenue Service."

Rena