[StBernard] wonderful tribute

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 28 10:10:23 EDT 2009

I got this from a friend of mine. Wish I had gotten it in time to send out
for Memorial Day.

JY

I just had to send this video clip.
It brought tears to my eyes, so have tissues handy.
This video is about honoring veterans who lost their lives.

This moment happened yesterday, Memorial Day. To honor President
Obama's wish that at 3pm yesterday he asked everybody to honor Veterans with
a moment of silence.

So, here's the video. It's from a NASCAR race yesterday. Because
the race would be going on at 3pm, NASCAR officials decided that the best
thing they could do was to shut the race down at 3pm.

So they did.
All the cars were stopped.
In the middle of a race.
All their engines were shut off.
And the pit crews all came out to the edge of pit road and stood
shoulder to shoulder with each other.

It is a beautiful moment.
Cars all stopped in a long line, crew members all lined up and
complete silence from a stadium full of fans, all standing and honoring our
veterans.

This is a wonderful video.

http://tinyurl.com/pwoy3f