[StBernard] DEADLINE MONDAY: Rep. Melancon to Sponsor Congressional Page from Third District

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 3 20:43:55 EDT 2009

I am pleased to announce that my office will have the opportunity to sponsor
a Congressional Page from the Third Congressional District for the Fall 2009
session.

Students who will be high school juniors this fall, at least 16 years of age
prior to the start of the program, and have maintained a GPA of 3.0 or
higher in core academic subjects are eligible to apply. The session will
being on Sunday, August 30th, and end on Saturday, January 23rd, 2010. All
interested applicants must contact my Washington, D.C., office by Monday,
June 8th. Please call Jody Stacoffe at 202-225-4031 for more details.

For over 200 years, the House of Representatives has employed young people
with a strong interest in public service as Congressional Pages. Today,
pages assist Members with their legislative duties, deliver correspondence
and small packages within the congressional complex, answer phones in the
Member cloakrooms, and prepare the House Floor for sessions. While serving
the House, Pages live in Washington D.C., at the Page Residence Hall, a few
blocks away from the Capitol. During the academic year, Pages attend classes
at the House Page School. More information can be found online here:
http://pageprogram.house.gov/
<http://melancon.congressnewsletter.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&g
piv=2100040493.42849.272&gen=1&mailing_linkid=7013> .

Serving as a Congressional Page is an exciting opportunity for a young
person to see firsthand how our representative democracy works. I am pleased
to be able to sponsor a young person from south Louisiana and encourage all
interested students to call my office at 202-225-4031 for more information.

As your representative in Congress, I am proud to be working on behalf of
the people of south Louisiana. As always, I would like to hear from you so
please feel free to write, email
<http://melancon.congressnewsletter.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&g
piv=2100040493.42849.272&gen=1&mailing_linkid=7014> or call my offices and
share your opinion on the many issues we are considering in Congress.

Regards,
Charlie Melancon