[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish President Craig Taffaro announces new Business Initiative meant to spur local spending

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 4 08:42:31 EDT 2009

And also, there are so many things that aren't carried at the local stores.
Need curtains or a bed spread? How about an area rug? Just aren't in the
parish.

LJ

I try to support the local businesses, but it is hard when you can
never
tell when they are going to be opened or closed. Around Christmas,
I tried
one store for 3 days straight because they had something I wanted
for a gift
& they were not opened. So, I had to go somewhere else. No wonder
they
closed up. Another was never opened during the hours posted on
their door,
so you never knew what time to go there. Another took 5 days off for
the
Fourth of July. They had what I needed, but I had to go to Metairie
instead, because they were closed for so long & I needed the item
for that
week-end. You can't shop local if the shops aren't opened.

Syl

-