[StBernard] Home Schooled Students Mandated on Private School Athletic Teams

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 9 23:57:58 EDT 2009

Call To Action

Private school students were just amended into a bill that would MANDATE
that home schooled students be allowed to play on private school teams.

This was done on the House floor without any consultation with Citizens for
Educational Choice. When this bill was heard in House Education Committee
there was no discussion about adding private schoolsl. At that point in time
it only dealt with public schools.

HB 531 by Rep. Cameron Henry will now be heard in Senate Education on
Thursday, June 11th.

This bill would cause private school students to be bumped off their own
schools' teams. They would be replaced by home schooled students who have
zero connection to the school.

This would cause major problems in running our athletic programs and make
many of our students, and their parents, very unhappy.

Please take a moment and use Voter Voice to let the legislators on Senate
Education know your feelings on this bad bill.

Click the link below to log in and send your message:
http://www.votervoice.net/link/forward/cec213445.aspx
<http://www.votervoice.net/link/forward/cec213445.aspx>