[StBernard] Send a Message to ABCNews, Don't Help Sell Obama's Liberal Health Care Plan

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 20 10:57:39 EDT 2009

Dear American Conservative Union Friends,

I am sure you have now heard about the President's latest attempt to vastly
increase the size and cost of government. Obama calls it health care reform
- we know it is one giant leap toward government-run health care.
abclo<http://www.humanevents.com/images/3p/200906/abcimg.jpg>
Do we want government-run health care? Do we want to wait in days-long
lines for urgent care? Do we want the government telling us what treatments
we can and cannot have? Do we want to enter a DMV-style government office
just to take a number and sit there while we bleed we waiting for treatment?

These questions should be answered. I believe we know how most Americans
would answer them.

However, ABC News is planning an all-day long bonanza of coverage on Obama's
health care plan next Wednesday, June 24 in Washington and they refused to
include opposition voices.

That's right; a national television news network has told Republicans and
conservatives that "you are not invited." To date, they have shut us out.

We must demand fairness in media coverage of this critical issue.

Send A Message To ABC News President David Westin And ABC Television
President Anne Sweeney Here And Now That Americans Demand
Fairness...Conservatives Should Be Heard In The Health Care Debate! Do Not
Give Obama Free Television Time To Sell Government Run Health Care.
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/3155814:4262875026:m:1:1536358
81:B6C789367B0D6CA6662A260802F95E0D>

When you sign the petition we are also going to give you the direct phone
number to ABC's New York offices so you phone in your concerns, if you wish,
as well.

Their planned coverage of Obama is exhaustive.

As the DAILY NEWS from New York City reported today, on Wednesday, ABC will
air an interview with President Obama and the First Lady on "Good Morning
America." It will also have Charles Gibson anchor "World News" from the
White House and will air a prime-time, hour-long town-hall-type special with
the President fielding questions on health care from Gibson, Diane Sawyer
and a panel of guests.

ABC News officials have said the special will be balanced, with opinions and
pointed questions from all sides on the issue.

However they have refused to allow conservative voices to be heard.

President Obama has been so gracious in opening the doors of the White House
to ABC. Why? We believe because they refused to allow conservatives or
Republicans on the air.

It has been reported that ABC News has out right rejected requests to allow
conservatives to be part of the debate. In fact there will be no debate as
he will only answer questions that have been supposedly screened only by the
executives of ABC News.

issued a letter in essence saying no and adding, "ABC NEWS alone will select
those who will be in the audience asking questions of the President."

We need to demand inclusion of conservative viewpoints. This issue is too
big to surrender to the far-left political forces within the White House.

Send A Message To ABC News President David Westin And ABC Television
President Anne Sweeney Here And Now That Americans Demand
Fairness...Conservatives Should Be Heard In The Health Care Debate! Do Not
Give Obama Free Television Time To Sell Government Run Health Care.
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/3155814:4262875026:m:1:1536358
81:B6C789367B0D6CA6662A260802F95E0D>

When you sign the petition we are also going to give you the phone number to
ABC's New York offices to directly voice your concerns, if you wish, as
well.

Yesterday, in response to ABC's refusal to allow Obama opponents to speak,
the Republican National Committee took the step of offering free television
studio and satellite time to any Republican Member of Congress who wanted to
send a message back home about their concerns over his plans. To their
credit they are at least trying to get the word out.

So while ABC News is giving free time to Obama to promote government run
health care, his opposition is required to beg local stations to give them
equal time.

A democracy where the people only hear from one side is a democracy that
will not survive.

This may not be Iran where radio stations and cell phone towers are being
shut down to stop dissent - but it is now becoming a nation where nationwide
news organizations are shutting out dissent by denying access to our
airways.

We have one week to change this decision. We must speak up. We need your
help.

Send A Message To ABC News President David Westin And ABC Television
President Anne Sweeney Here And Now That Americans Demand
Fairness...Conservatives Should Be Heard In The Health Care Debate! Do Not
Give Obama Free Television Time To Sell Government Run Health Care.
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/3155814:4262875026:m:1:1536358
81:B6C789367B0D6CA6662A260802F95E0D>

When you sign the petition we are also going to give you the phone number to
ABC's New York offices so you phone in your concerns, if you wish, as well.

Estimates are that Obama-Care, his health care program, will cost us
taxpayers up to, if not over, $1 trillion in government funds.

Who is going to pay that $1 trillion?

The simple answer is you and me.

However, it hasn't happened yet and now is the time to make sure the
American people understand the costs and the poor benefits of a government
run health care system.

The American people deserve to hear all sides of the story.

Send A Message To ABC News President David Westin And ABC Television
President Anne Sweeney Here And Now That Americans Demand
Fairness...Conservatives Should Be Heard In The Health Care Debate! Do Not
Give Obama Free Television Time To Sell Government Run Health Care.
<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/3155814:4262875026:m:1:1536358
81:B6C789367B0D6CA6662A260802F95E0D>

When you sign the petition we are also going to give you the phone number to
ABC's New York offices so you can call them if you wish, as well.

Please join ACU and support our efforts to ensure conservative voices are
heard.

ABC News needs to get this message.

Thank you for your time and attention to this important matter.

Sincerely,
Dennis Whitfield
Executive Vice President

P.S. ABC News doesn't seem to realize that almost half, 46%, of Americans
voted against Barack Obama last November. Many more according to polls no
longer support all of the massive government expansion and spending that has
followed.