[StBernard] Obama to screw over our Veterans

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 11 13:30:29 EDT 2009

That idea was dropped almost immediately. See link below:

http://tinyurl.com/c86ydz

JY

Is President Obama's Proposed Budget Good News or Bad News Veterans?

The Administration last week unveiled a preview of its budget for
Fiscal
Year 2010. The good news is that the Obama Administration is calling
for a
twenty-five million dollar increase in appropriations for the VA for
the
next five years. This outlay assumes enrolling approximately one
half
million non-disabled veterans in the VA health care system. However,
the bad
news is that disabled veterans will be the bill payers for this
largesse.
The FY 2010 budget request for VA includes a proposal that would
bill
veterans with private insurance for their service-connected
disability
treatments. The budget calls for about a $1 billion dollar increase
in
collections from FY 2009. We believe that the revenue projections
for the
proposal make up the bulk of the third-party collections increase.
The
Veterans of Foreign Wars vehemently opposes any attempt to pass
healthcare
costs on to wounded and service-connected disabled veterans. Billing
veteran's private insurance could lead to higher premiums and make
it
difficult for veterans and their families to obtain or retain their
health
insurance, as well as discourage employers from hiring disabled
vets.