[StBernard] Attorney General looks into Chalmette fire station complaint

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 16 08:40:16 EDT 2009

Attorney General looks into Chalmette fire station complaint

10:11 PM CDT on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dominic Massa / Eyewitness News

CHALMETTE, La. -- The Louisiana Attorney General's Office has confirmed to
Eyewitness News that it is investigating a complaint involving the
construction of a St. Bernard fire station.

The case involves the company Ja-Roy Construction of Kenner, which was hired
to rebuild Fire Station Number 5 in Chalmette.

At Wednesday's parish council meeting, council members were planning to
discuss the parish's future involvement with the company, but put off any
decision, while they talk to attorneys.

A spokeswoman for the Attorney General's office would not give many details
on the probe.

"The Attorney General's Office is following up on a complaint we received
regarding the construction of Fire House #5 in St. Bernard Parish," said
Jennifer Roche, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Buddy Caldwell's office.
"Since this is an ongoing investigation, we can't comment any further at
this time."