[StBernard] Split List

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 29 19:27:49 EDT 2009

Richard,

I put out practically every last piece of new about St. Bernard that I come
across (a story today about someone that came to help with the rebuilding
process that was published out of state didn't get sent out because I just
didn't think it talked about St. Bernard enough).

Since Craig has been elected, I've been added to the parish's PR
distribution list (something I've been trying to get accomplished for 10
years!), so all "official" news from the parish is sent out. Google sends me
an email whenever they find something that has "St" and "Bernard" in it, so
that helps out a bit, although I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that
Bernard "Bernie" Maddoff is finally dropping out.

With that being said, there are a lot of folks that don't live in St.
Bernard any more but want to keep up with it (I'm a prime example), so I
include some news from St. Tammany, Orleans, and Jefferson Parish. State and
federal news effects everyone, so it gets included also.

I'm passionate about some of the crap that is being proposed in Congress, so
I pass some of that along also (I'm a Reagan conservative and I sure wish
the GOP would return to that).

I also think that a little light heartedness needs to be passed along so I
do pass some of the jokes through.

If people would rather not see the jokes, that's fine with me, I'll stop
passing them thru (although I'll ask of those that do send them to not stop
because I like reading them).

Although I often said that as the owner of the list, I am also the
benevolent dictator, I do try to follow the general wishes of the
membership. So, let me know. If you want something added or deleted topic
wise from the list, just let me know and I'll go with the flow.

Westley