[StBernard] Your Louisiana Rep. voting on ObamaCare in next 24 hours

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 30 20:48:40 EDT 2009

Rep. Melancon will cast a vote on ObamaCare in the
House Energy and Commerce Committee, likely in the next
24-36 hours.

The Democrats are using that Committee to iron out the details
of ObamaCare before the August recess.

This vote is crucial and we are asking you to call your
Representative and let him or her know your views on
government-run healthcare.

+ + Call Today and Tomorrow

Please call your Congressman and tell him or her that the Energy
and Commerce Committee should CEASE AND DESIST its work on
government-run healthcare until Members return home and hear
from their constituents.

Rep. Melancon 202-225-4031

Talking Points:

#1 -- The House and Senate and their committees should immediately
CEASE work on the government-run healthcare plan and
instead take time to listen to their constituents during
the August recess.

#2 -- I do not want the government to have more control and
influence over my health care. That is why I reject House
health care bill (H.R. 3200) and the soon-to-be-released
Senate "compromise" plan that still creates a federal mandate.

#3 -- America cannot afford the $1 trillion price tag of socialized
health care during these difficult economic times. I flatly
reject any health care proposal that increases costs or
imposes new taxes on any American.

+ + The dirty secret of the Democrats' plan

Obama and the Democrats have launched a classic
political misdirection to diffuse grassroots opposition
against their socialized healthcare plan while
they iron out the details right under our noses!

It's the only explanation of why Obama, Reid and Pelosi are
conceding that they will not get passage of ObamaCare before the
August recess while at the same time pressing harder than ever
for two key committees to finish their work immediately.

Since the final design of ObamaCare in Congress is being worked
out in these committees, these votes are absolutely crucial.

So their plan is clear: diffuse grassroots pressure by
delaying the final vote while nailing down the dirty details
of ObamaCare in the key House and Senate Committees!

Again, please call your Representative today and tell him or her
that you oppose government-run healthcare. Instead of rushing the
bill through committee, they should CEASE AND DESIST work on
ObamaCare until they hear from constituents during the August recess.

Thank you for taking a stand!