[StBernard] Volunteerism Will Not Rebuild the Gulf Coast

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 31 08:26:04 EDT 2009

Indeed, volunteerism, of the traditional variety, is part of the problem,
not the solution to rebuilding the Gulf. Rather, what we need are volunteers
in the tradition of the civil rights movement. We need volunteers who come
to solidarize, to support, to engage with the social movements battling
for-profit and non-profit corporations that are profiting from the disaster.
We need volunteers to join us in demanding the GOVERNMENT fulfill its
responsibility to rebuild the Gulf Coast equitably.

Thank you no, we don't need any solidarizing or any other type of bullshit
you want to bring with you.

These 2 asshats talk about assistance in the rebuilding of SBP, an area of
single-family homes,
but then want to badmouth the parish government's attempts at keeping it as
it was.

Please Mike and Jay, if your assistance comes with that type of price, take
it elsewhere.
The people of St. Bernard don't want it.

JY