[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 5 17:12:33 EDT 2009

Information for Homeowners

________________________________

Tax Errors Corrected
This week the City of New Orleans corrected tax bills for about 3,200 property owners across the city who were recently sent bills intended for other taxpayers. Read a Times Picayune news article about the error correction and find out how to view and pay corrected tax bills online in our Local Services section under New Orleans Property Taxes <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXaaXOsWX> .

Road Home Assistance at the Community Center of St. Bernard
A representative from the Office of Community Development Disaster Recovery Unit will be available to assist Road Home applicants at the Community Center of St Bernard, 1107 LeBeau St, Arabi on Tuesdays from 12:30 pm 4:00 pm. Read more in our Homeowners section under Road Home Info and Assistance <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXakXOsWX> .

Rebuilding Information Station Goes Online
The Rebuilding Information Station is now online-only, with a website that features a wealth of information on rebuilding including energy efficiency, project planning, financing, water protection, and more. Find out more in our Homeowners section under Rebuild Your House <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXkvXOsWX> .

Sales Tax Holiday This Weekend

________________________________

The annual Louisiana sales tax holiday will be Friday and Saturday, when most retail purchases will be exempt from the 4 percent state sales tax. Read an article from WWLTV.com about the event here <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXksXOsWX> .

WorkNOLA

________________________________

WorkNOLA is a website that features jobs in the New Orleans area. Find this and other sources of job listings in our Job Resources <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXkDXOsWX> section.

Emergency Preparedness Information

________________________________

Post-Disaster Phased Re-Entry Plan
In the event of an Emergency Declaration and Mandatory Evacuation Order, re-entry of businesses and the public will be permitted based on an assessment by Emergency Preparedness officials of the threat to public safety and security and the availability of sustainable living conditions.

Disaster Preparedness Counseling at the Community Center of St. Bernard
American Red Cross representatives will offer advice on preparing for the hurricane season every Thursday from 10am to noon at the Community Center of St. Bernard, 1107 LeBeau St., Arabi.

Find information on this and other important hurricane preparedness information in our Public Safety section under Emergency Preparedness <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXkOXOsWX> .

Residents' Guide to the Master Plan

________________________________

The Neighborhoods Partnership Network has put together a summary of the New Orleans Master Plan that presents all the key issues about housing, neighborhoods, economic development, jobs, culture, and infrastructure that are represented in the Plan. Find this and other related information in our Civic Action section under Community Issues <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXkjXOsWX> .

Upcoming Events

August 5: Free Infant Vision Screening <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXkWXOsWX>

August 6: Free Children's Mental Health Assistance Day <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXkpXOsWX>

August 8: St. Claude Sankofa Community Marketplace <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXsaXsOvjXWjYpXkYXOsWX>