[StBernard] My Letter To Senator Landrieu

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 6 21:28:45 EDT 2009

Our state has begun a new way of doing business and our future has begun to
look much brighter than it has in decades -- however, I cannot say the same
for Washington.

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb/images/Appel_Email_I
mage.jpg> Our national government has enacted a massive spending agenda that
has failed to stimulate anything other than our national debt and yet even
now they are considering two additional proposals that will further damage
Louisiana's economy. President Obama's plan for healthcare was hastily
crafted, counterproductive and will cripple our small businesses.
Furthermore, President Obama's Cap and Trade scheme will seriously undermine
our economic growth by eliminating thousands of Louisiana jobs.

As a Louisiana State Senator and small businessperson, I recently sent a
letter to Senator Mary Landrieu requesting she turn back the Washington
generated wave of regulation, taxation, and government glut that threatens
to drown our economic life. Click Here To Read The Letter
<http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id
=268368afa0&e=6a30004df9> .

There is nothing more important Senator Landrieu can do for the future of
our state than to stop these ill-advised bills. Please take a moment to
read the full letter and add your name to the list
<http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id
=92e6e703a0&e=6a30004df9> of concerned citizens encouraging Louisiana's
U.S. Representatives and Senators to reject President Obama's plans for both
government-run healthcare and Cap and Trade.

Sincerely,

Conrad Appel, III
Senator
District 9