[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 20 07:49:14 EDT 2009

Animal Control Information

________________________________

Our Local Services section includes information on parish animal shelters. These shelters offer animal control services as well as pet adoptions. Most shelters, especially the Jefferson Parish animal shelter, have dogs and cats that need immediate homes. See our Local Services <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXDpXsOvjXWjYpXsWsXOsWX> section for information on animal shelters and how you can adopt a pet in need of a home.

Small Business Assistance

________________________________

Many free and low cost resources are available to help small business owners and entrepreneurs. The Southern University at New Orleans Small Business Development and Management Institute conducts business start-up orientation and one-on-one counseling. The Louisiana Small Business Development Center helps entrepreneurs and businesses start, develop and grow by providing high quality individual counseling, business education classes, information resources, and specialized services. TechAssistLA provides technology assistance to small businesses. Find these resources and more in our Business Assistance <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXDpXsOvjXWjYpXsWDXOsWX> section.

EducateNow!

________________________________

EducateNow! is a site dedicated to the ongoing reforms in the New Orleans public school system, including updates about Charter Schools, the RSD and other K-12 information. EducateNow! provides current, comprehensive information on education reform and advocates for quality public schools for all students in New Orleans. Find this and other school resources in our Schools K-12 <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXDpXsOvjXWjYpXsWOXOsWX> section.

Upcoming Events

________________________________

August 19: Good Work Network: Technology and Your Small Business <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXDpXsOvjXWjYpXsWjXOsWX>

August 20: Build Now Talks: Putting the Pieces Together: Financing for New Construction After Hurricane Katrina <http://www.mailboto.com/cgi-bin/uls/uls.cgi?ako=DXDpXsOvjXWjYpXsWWXOsWX>