[StBernard] Silencing Dissent

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 21 15:22:03 EDT 2009

The Louisiana Democratic Party now appears desperate to protect Charlie Melancon and distract voters from his disappearing act in Louisiana this summer.

In an unsubstantiated and politically driven move, they've filed an ethics complaint against David for holding 19 town hall meetings this month to hear and address your concerns about Obama's government run health care plan.

Charlie Melancon is holding zero town hall meetings. However, if you are interested in discussing health care with him and have $1,000 on hand, you can visit with him at his fundraiser this evening in Donaldsonville.

The State Democratic party wants to help Charlie Melancon hide from the facts about his own voting record. Melancon voted "no" on Amendment #28 <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=boIEJRMwGdIFLXJ&s=gkIRK6PQLgLUIbNVJvH&m=eeILLVNoEcKXE> , which would have removed the government run plan from the health care bill. He also voted to protect members of Congress <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=erKKJ0OIIgLMI7I&s=gkIRK6PQLgLUIbNVJvH&m=eeILLVNoEcKXE> from the government plan, allowing them to keep their private coverage without doing the same for their constituents. He even voted twice <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hkIQK9PULjKTKhL&s=gkIRK6PQLgLUIbNVJvH&m=eeILLVNoEcKXE> to allow the government to ration your health care.

For more on Melancon's health care votes, follow this link. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=anJCLOMsFcJGIXK&s=gkIRK6PQLgLUIbNVJvH&m=eeILLVNoEcKXE>

Here's one thing I know for certain: the Obama administration and national Democrats do not want to have an open and honest dialogue with the American people about health care reform. If they did, their leaders wouldn't call those concerned citizens who disagree with a government-run plan "un-American" or "evil Mongers." <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=dqLIIXNELfINK7J&s=gkIRK6PQLgLUIbNVJvH&m=eeILLVNoEcKXE>

The Louisiana Democratic Party must be taking their cues from Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid as they try to shut down debate and protect Charlie Melancon from having to face his fellow Louisianans.

There is a lot at stake in this debate, and we must stand with David as he makes our conservative voices heard in the U.S. Senate. For more information and to sign the petition <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=gjIOI6PQJiKUIhI&s=gkIRK6PQLgLUIbNVJvH&m=eeILLVNoEcKXE> to stop government run health care, follow this link now. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=jmKUJfM2IlJ1JrL&s=gkIRK6PQLgLUIbNVJvH&m=eeILLVNoEcKXE>

Thanks for your support,

Rich Lamb
Vitter Grassroots Director