[StBernard] Web site going viral: People of Wal-Mart

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 2 08:24:49 EDT 2009

Why don't people wear shirts when they shop at Wal-Mart? Or pants that fit?
Has that woman been wearing a fanny pack for 15 years or did she just
recently pick up on the belt-as-purse trend? Is that guy wearing a cape
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/time/us_time/storytext/08599191940100/3323
4810/SIG=123eb9ai3/*http://beta.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/
08/16.jpg> ?

People of Walmart
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/time/us_time/storytext/08599191940100/3323
4810/SIG=111nbc1jh/*http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/> , a website that
launched earlier this month, catalogs the gloriously absurd attire that is
sported by the big-box retailer's customer base. There are photos of fat
people in sweatpants, a child with a rattail and a guy wearing a Captain
America costume. But the website's founders, three guys in their early 20s
who preferred to provide only their first names, aren't interested in
stereotypical rednecks or run-of-the-mill mullet sightings. "Mullets are too
common," says Andrew, who is 23 and lives in Indiana. "We want to document
the kind of stuff that when you see it,*** you immediately have to call
someone and be like, 'Dude, I'm at Wal-Mart and I just saw a goat
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/time/us_time/storytext/08599191940100/3323
4810/SIG=123gu7vri/*http://beta.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/
08/18.jpg> .' "***

Here's the url if you wish to read it : http://tinyurl.com/mzsyca

However, I would caution the three young men that while feeling smug I'm
sure, (while living in Indiana??), constructing sentences such as
"you immediately have to call someone and be like, 'Dude, I'm at
Wal-Mart..." does not lend them much credence as being sophisticates.

I have no idea why this pissed me off so much other than the fact it is 3
smug, smart-assed young punks with nothing better to do than make fun of
other
people.

I have a question for the three of them: Dude, I'm not at Wal-Mart but can
you show your ugly parents' pictures!!

JY