[StBernard] Light The Night Walk: Taking Steps Towards Cures

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 4 01:28:47 EDT 2009

The e-mail below is from my son, Christopher. Please read it. Thank you.
Rena

My Dear Friends and Family,

As you all may know, I lost my late wife, Sabrina, to Leukemia in May of
2005 so I am writing to ask for a little of your time to read this note.

This year my workplace, The Folgers Coffee Company, will be sponsoring a
team for the annual "Light The Night Walk" on Saturday, October 3rd at
Zephyr Stadium in Metairie, Louisiana.

Light The Night is a nationwide evening walk that raises funds for
cutting-edge cancer research and innovative programs for patients and their
families.

It's a special night, celebrating and commemorating lives touched by cancer.
Walkers carry illuminated balloons - white for survivors, red for supporters
and gold for those who have lost a loved one to the various types of blood
cancers. Light The Night is a magical event that someday will help ensure
that blood cancers are eliminated.

Donations to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk go
towards a very important cause: finding better treatments and cures for
blood cancers so patients can live better, longer lives. I'm asking you to
consider helping by making a contribution! Please use the link below to
donate online quickly & securely. There are many contribution levels to
choose from or you can select a custom amount if you'd like, but any amount,
from a dollar on up, is another step to finding a cure. You will receive an
email confirmation of your donation as soon as it is made. I thank you in
advance for your support which will make a difference in the lives of
thousands of patients battling blood cancers.

It's not easy for me to ask for money, especially in these trying economic
times, But I feel that this is such a worthy cause. My personal fundraising
goal this year is $250.00 and I believe that with your kindness and
generosity, I will be able to surpass that easily.

For more information and/or to donate online please visit:
http://pages.lightthenight.org/la/NOrleans09/CDaniel

Thank you for your time,
Christopher Daniel
(In loving memory of Sabrina Streckfus Daniel)

P.S. Please forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage
them to donate as well!