[StBernard] St. Bernard Sports Hall of Fame Donates Recreation Equipment

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 9 18:36:54 EDT 2009

St. Bernard Sports Hall of Fame Donates Recreation Equipment

Group gives $1,000 for field stenciling equipment

As part of its mission to support parish athletes, members of the Board of
the St. Bernard Sports Hall of Fame gathered at the Hannan Complex Football
and Soccer Fields to donate $1,000 in field stenciling equipment for the St.
Bernard Parish Recreation Department to St. Bernard Parish President Craig
P. Taffaro Jr.

"We're grateful for the group's ongoing support of St. Bernard athletics,
and we're particularly happy to be included in this year's round of
funding," President Taffaro said.

Additionally, the board's newest member Eddie Appel announced that the St.
Bernard Parish Sports Hall of Fame will hold its 14th Annual Golf Tournament
Sunday, Oct. 11 at the Oak Harbor Golf Course. The tournament, which is the
group's major fundraiser, will be held on a Saints Bye Week.

Board President Bryan Frichter added, "I would like to thank Gulf Coast
Bank, our corporate sponsor, for helping us continue our mission."

The annual golf tournament will have a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Lunch will be
served before the event and dinner will be served after the tournament. It
will be a Four Man Scramble Format.

There will be $100 prizes for a putting contest, closest to hole and longest
drive.

The cost is $85 per golfer, $340 per team, and $50 or $100 for a hole
sponsor.

Make checks payable to St. Bernard Sports Hall of Fame, P.O. Box 1602,
Chalmette, Louisiana 70044. This year's proceeds will benefit St. Bernard
Middle School Athletics.

If you wish to play or sponsor a hole, please call Hall of Fame President
Bryan Frichter at 504-554-2685, Sean Warner at 504-874-3889, Charlie Reppel
at 504-442-1452, Terry Verges at 504-512-0550, Jim Bickford at 504-495-1104,
Roy Cortes at 985-809-3959, Cheramie Kerth at 504-554-5514, Raymond Doran at
504-554-4794 or Eddie Appel at 504-301-6135.

###