[StBernard] RNC Statement On The Eighth Anniversary of September 11, 2001

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 11 15:27:03 EDT 2009

RNC STATEMENT ON THE EIGHTH ANNIVERSARY OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2001

WASHINGTON - Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele
released the following statement today:

"Today the Republican National Committee remembers the 2,740 Americans who
died in the terrorist attacks on America eight years ago. We share in the
grief still felt by families and friends who lost loved ones. Yet like all
Americans, we are strengthened knowing that even in the tragedy of 9/11, the
character of America was visible to all the world through the courage and
compassion demonstrated by first responders and those who lost their lives.
We also proudly salute the hundreds of thousands of American service men and
women who continue to fight the war on terror on far-away battlefields.
Because of their sacrifice, we continue to live in freedom. And America
remains a beacon of hope and opportunity to the world."

###