[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish's housing restrictions are legally and morally wrong

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 12 18:26:05 EDT 2009

Yup? What advantages.

"St. Bernard Parish's housing restrictions are legally and morally wrong"

I see that "legally" is created to present punitive disadvantages to the
south. These laws are created in the North to further exacerbate the
scorning and blistering effects brought on by those above the Mason-Dixon
line for the past 150 yrs. Everlasting torture brought on by "the northern
carpetbaggers" of the present to put a foot of silence upon the head of
southerners whose way of life are remarkably different than those liberals
who grace northern boundaries (not all, we know, but the majority).
Progressives who believe that putting low-income inhabitants which can
include harbingers of prostitution, drug-trafficking, and other immoral
choices to plague the communities who want family-oriented neighborhoods.

Now whom is morally wrong when this is pushed into the faces of a parish who
once knew less crime and immorality, more families, etc. Now we'll just have
to await ACORN to set-up more shops in St. Bernard to expedite its demise.

--jer--

"Instead of acquiescing in, and even pandering to the exaggerated fears and
race and class based prejudice of some of its citizens, these officials
could courageously challenge those assumptions, and accurately present to
its citizens the advantages this development could bring to the parish,"
Judge Berrigan wrote in her decision Friday.

What advantages ? The only thing I see are disadvantages !

Syl