[StBernard] Four-year-old shot in St. Roch neighborhood

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 13 09:41:26 EDT 2009

NEW ORLEANS ― After a silent few hours in New Orleans on Saturday, violence
again erupted, this time sending a 4-year-old girl to the hospital after
being shot in the St. Roch neighborhood.

Officers said she was hit in the stomach and taken to a local hospital,
where she's listed in critical condition.

NOPD said a gunman or several gunmen walked up or drove up to a group of
people standing near the corner of Mandeville and North Derbigny streets and
fired multiple shots.

The four-year-old girl was the only one shot,

Police are still looking for a lead and suspects.

Saturday afternoon's gun play continued a violent 24 hours.

Two men were killed in overnight shootings would four others were wounded.

Police responded to a call of shots fired in New Orleans East, where they
found a 31-year-old man shot to death and a 25-year-old woman wounded.

The man was slumped over in the driver's seat of a car, suffering from a
wound to the midsection. The woman, also shot in the stomach, was taken to a
hospital and is listed in serious condition.

Also overnight, police found a 22-year-old man lying dead in the street in
the 7800 block of Mullet Street.

Police said three other victims, all of whom they believe were involved in
the same shooting, were taken to local hospitals. A police spokeswoman said
the victims included a woman shot in the midsection, a man shot in the foot
and a women shot in the arm and foot.

And they wonder why we don't want this crap coming into SBP? This is it!!
Right here!!

If this were to happen in SBP I truly believe there would be riots in the
street. And **not** from our darker brethren either.

JY